Skip to content
Options

Audio Exotics Singapore Grand Opening - Sat 21 and Sun 22 October 11am to 5pm

edited October 2023

It’s finally here, the moment we’ve all been waiting for – the BIG REVEAL! After quietly launching almost a year ago and inviting audiophiles and industry experts from all over the globe to discreetly inspect, critique, and offer their insights, I’m thrilled to announce the official opening of Audio Exotics Singapore! This venture has been a true labor of love for both my team and me, and we believe we’ve crafted a truly unique haven in Singapore where you can immerse yourself in an extraordinary audio experience.

To kick off this exciting occasion, we’re hosting three workshops led by industry experts, each focused on different aspects: Noise Management, Acoustic Management and Network management

Please email mohan@audioexotics.com with the time and session to book a place

11am Saturday 21 and Sunday 22

Noise Management – Chris Leung - Founder/CEO of Audio Exotics Group

Noise management is a critical topic, and here at AE, we take it very seriously. If noise isn’t effectively dealt with, it doesn’t matter how much you’ve invested in your audio system – it won’t perform at its best. There are six types of noise to consider: ground noise, AC noise, mechanical noise, RF noise, EMI noise, and room noise. Each type has its own unique characteristics and demands a different solution.

During the presentation, Chris will walk you through a series of demonstrations that highlight the negative impact of noise on music playback and how addressing these issues can help us bring the essence of musicians back to life from their recordings. The ultimate goal, when handled professionally by AE, is to transform your audio system into a time machine, taking you on a journey through the history of music like never before.

Acoustic Management – In the Conductor’s Seat : Adrian Lo – Founder and Principal Consultant Soundzipper

Discover the world of acoustics with Audio Exotics and Soundzipper in this unique learning session. Explore the Main Room at Audio Exotics Singapore, where innovative acoustic designer Adrian Lo has defied convention by blending wood and metal for optimal sound, avoiding traditional acoustic absorption materials. Learn how this approach, inspired by concert hall stages, creates a perfect balance between clarity and envelopment. Join us to experience the Main Room’s immersive design that puts you in the conductor’s seat. Delve into the intersection of science, art, and audio excellence in acoustic innovation.

Network Management – Edison Wong – Founder and CEO Ediscreation

A properly configured network is essential for a smooth and top-notch audio streaming experience. Factors like latency, buffering, congestion, packet loss, and network speed all come into play to make sure you get the best sound possible.

Join Edison Wong as he takes you through the essentials for achieving the ultimate sound quality when streaming music. Edison will demonstrate how using high-quality network cables, audiophile switches, and fiberboxes can significantly enhance your audio experience.

Comments

• Options
    Hi everyone,
    Adrian Lo from Soundzipper here. I'm the Acoustics Designer for the AE room in Singapore.

After designing audio rooms for 12 years, I want to say that AE SG is my proudest achievement in acoustic design. In line with the ethos of AE adventuring into further reaches of audio perfection, you will find that AE Singapore's acoustic design pushes far past the boundaries of that for conventional listening rooms. Similar to a concert hall venue, we eschewed any direct sound absorption on the walls and ceilings and went for one that was mostly diffusive. The end result - an experience similar to being at the conductor's seat of a classical concert.

If you're in Singapore for the opening, I highly recommend joining my session at 1 pm on Saturday or 3 pm on Sunday. During this time, I'll delve into the thought processes, science, and art that shaped the room's design. For owners of the Acoustic Grove system and Arya Airblades, I'll also provide insights on simple tweaks to maximize your overall sound immersion experience.
  • Options
    Congratulations! Will definitely visit when I am in Singapore next! 
  • Options
    Congratulations!  The showroom is beautiful and modern!
  • Options
    恭喜恭喜!東南亞前景比較其他地區明㫰!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Folks,
    I'll be keeping a running commentary for the big day. Its been a YEAR since our soft opening and we have had quite a few folks stop by. And each time we learn and tweak. The sound from when I first put the system together to now is COMPLETELY different. 

A point to note, on the complication of the task. We had to integrate:

1) The Cessaro Carmens - with its Active Bass
    2) Cessaro Xiang Su Subwoofers
    3) Arya Airblades

We tried many configurations and have settled on the one you see here. 

1) The Subs were always outside and we felt the sound has more solidity when placed on the Inside

2) Arya Airblades are now pointing back towards to diffusors and they sound a lot better and gives the sound the atmosphere it needs

3) While we have both the Troy Elite and Troy NG connected along with the JMFs, the icing on the cake was the Subbase Vividus. That brought it all home and its introduction shocked every single audiophile that has visited us since. It is a MUST have for anyone who is serious about sound

4) Acoustic Groves focused the sound and

5) We also introduced an external crossover that helped with the balance.

6) Adrian Lo from Soundzipper has his measuring equipment now permanently at AE Singapore, and we measure every change we make and every tweak we introduce. All scientific and he is a magician with his acoustic science knowledge!

What you have now is something that is jaw dropping and spine tingling! I do hope that the Singapore crowd that comes here next weeked will feel the same!
    Is the journey over? Chris promised to bring more 'toys when he arrives in Singapore on Tuesday!
    We are all in for a treat!!

Mohan aka Katongkid

• Options
    By the way, I am also an avid art collector and what you see at the back of the room are from some well known street artists from the UK and Brazil. You may not be be able to tell, but I have Bob Marley, Miles Davis, David Bowie, Prince and Jean Michel Basquiat (ok he's not a musician, but I love his art) overlooking us when we listen!

• Options
    Where are the air blade located? Can’t find from the picture. 
  • Options
    They are located behind the Carmens pointing back

• Options
    Added the Babel Base platform. The improvements were immediate and palpable, Even more space and quietness in the overall presentation. A must have for anyone who wants to more out of his system

• Options
    Connecting the Vertere Reference tonearm cables to the Vertere SG1 so we are able to connect to the Engstrom M-Phono.

• Options
    An amazing gift from Chris for the AE Singapore opening

• Options
    Front room in progress

• Options
    老細果然細心!可代表系統精進有力,又可以形容公司精神,簡潔大氣!
  • Options
    Mohan congratulations! It is a very nice and beautiful showroom.
  • Options
    Congratulations.  I actually thought it was opened last year. I didn’t know you only open when the sound has reached the AE standard. That is quite an attitude. Many would have start selling asap to pay off the rent first. That is quite an attitude I truly admire!