Options

Tango Speakers from Acoustics System Int'l

Comments

• Options
    3 x 8" carbon fibre woofer
  • Options
    5" Midrange with 1" Silk dome
  • Options
    Red Rose Sexy - The Delivery staff said cotting is better than SF!!!
  • Options
    The DV serving this "Tango sexy" with perfect control. I could see PT was suprised by the Jazz play.....
  • Options
    c.c.n, what a nice speaker! They look conventional but beautiful but I know everything AE carries must be exceptional. Can you tell me more about the sound? Is it true the sound out of the cabinet even without run in?
  • Options
    Mr.c.c.n, how's the speaker peforming today? Tell us more about your feelings on different records. PT told me you have golden ears. I'd like to meet you sometime to check up your system.
  • Options
    JL,

welcome anytime. I m still running in the tango with burn-in cd, for sure will report later......and the SMS from PT today really make me exciting, i & PT agree the performance was outstanding already when we just start the music, but Frank told us, we r not heard anything yet from these Tango. Don't u belive?

I don't ve golden ears, but got my own taste which simular with PT i guest.
  • Options
    Julian,

So far i did not heard the sound comes from those unit, the speaker is easily disapper without too much setting. This speaker is fast but very smooth, transparency & dynamic, i personal love the rhythm through this combo, the "musical" just come out with the right rhythm now!
  • Options
    Ccn,

Congratulations! I know you cannot resist the temptation...VA really cannot fly with your DV amps and we both realise it's life span would be short...but I didn't realise it was that short!! I thought you said you still want to squeeze the last bit out of it when the line driver arrives. Sounds like you have been infected by other fellow AE'ers by losing the patience to wait...anyway, fast hit, good move and I think your system has reach another height now....

This Tango is 'visually' a multi-driver speakers and according to 'traditional wisdom', it should eat up quite a lot of power from the power amp and might pose same challenge to the DV amp as the VA, I know Franck is a genius and would have addressed this upfront in the design and he said the microdynamics and speed of this speaker are remarkable...I believe it is the same observation from you.

Share more and I hope to visit you again soon.
    Marvel
  • Options
    Ahaaaa! Turning back to VA does not seem to be an option.
  • Options
    Mr.c.c.n, are you dancing after mid-night ever since the arrival of the Tango? The French is wild but artistic.
  • Options
    Mr. JL

My feet keep steping by the rythm, pls allow me report later.....
  • Options
    c.c.n, 你對Tango好靚仔, 同我對小Horning點比較?
  • Options
    發哥,

I guess microdynamics and speed.

I walk 5-10 mins to back home.You could come to check it up!
  • Options
    The “Tango” is coming full of mysteriously, no audit, no web info, unknown sound & quality, only know the production by experience musician men and design by Frank who a sound tune genius, That OK! I ve develop some “Trust” in the past year with AE, just sent me the Tango speaker.

The picture above were taken on the first day after setting up, I ve no any idea how it will be sound during i m wiring on the speaker. When the 1st min starting play the Chopin, I mention it was transparency at once, (it make me feel like Kharma’s ceramic drive), then we play Maisky’s Cello after 15 mins run-in, the bass from Cello sound in very good thickness and weight, the texture is good either, then I play violin AVE MARIA, the only thing I can do is sit there feeling the touched emotion(If system good, you won’t notice the hifi stuff), then play some Jazz to see hows the speed & dynamic doing, “Mozart play in Cuba” which PT said he will get one after he heard, the tango handle the jazz very good, the drum with fast attack, position in pin point, transparency & dynamic, the team plays live like, I never heard the Jazz rhythm is in this level in previous setup. PT through the word after that: Who say Da Vinci not good on Jazz. Yes! It is fair to review with the whole system (DV, Tango, SRA & Heritage take lot of credit either.)

After the “Good Ears” leave, I let it run for few hours, I play orchestra for last test before I go bed, that really shock me, the orchestra playing behind the wall with full picture, they system bring them to my home!!! And is this performance should done by a 5hrs new speaker, my previous fully run speaker already few miles away compare to the 5hrs Tango, (Marval this is the reason!)

And the dam things is Frank told us at the next morning: We r not heard anything yet from the Tango(This poison enough ah!!!)

Part2 25hrs……