Skip to content
Options

The 5th AE Super Hi End Show on Jul 08/09 was successfully completed

Comments

• Options
    星期天Wadax的MQA demo非常精彩,Miguel的Tripoint Elite demo只是做了一次AB demo,觀眾們回應不需要再AB demo,因為非常明顯。

神曲技驚四座,乾隆夾Engstrom終顯真章,Trinity Golden Reference Preamp 原來零失真是非常順滑和厚潤,星期天聽Organ 板的圖畫展覧館,將Cessaro Carmen用盡。

我真的很佩服PT的精神精神。
  • Options
    This is not only an amazing show.  This show represents a critical transition of AE to the next stage.  The presentation of Divin by Gobel with Zanden Chouku 40 watt single end in an area of 1,000 square feet killed all skepticism regarding sensitivity of 98db.  I am amazed by the extreme precise phasing of this gigantic speskers - a picture experience of music. Most of the time, I felt like I could see the stage, that is very scary. The Carmen LP playback on Sunday exemplified to all in the room. Speechless. If thr rich elite is comsidering mega buck conventional speskers, you can forget Wilson and Magico because they are not in this league.  Many said so after the demo, and one of them is Alexandria XLF users.

The engstrom room deserves extra compliment becsuse it brings the Cessaro Qian Long to a ghostly experience eith extreme details and delicacy (the Dalby Jundo and Argento FMR EE contributed enormously to detail.  Musicality is unique and holy.  

The trinity room is technical perfect with simple to execute setup, mobile and fast.  It is the fastest amongst 3 rooms in terms of transient resolution.  Although there is no AB between golden reference preamp and my present trinity preamp, I can easily tell the golden reference reached uncharted resolution holistically. It sound is VERY controlled, fast, stable and rich in perspective.

Great job! 
  • Options
    Agree 100%!
    I was in the Divin Room on Sun morning.
    An ear-opening experience!

The Trinity Room has got unexpected musicality.  Very involving!
    Is it because of the Gold Ref Series Preamp?
    The Trinity DAC and Phono seemed to be the original series?  Eager to listen to their Gold Ref versions.

All in all, the AE Show 2017 has broken ground again!
    Big thanks to the AE Team!
  • Options
    Congratulations to the AE team! I was blown away with how the show went! 3 rooms with different approaches and philosophies to sound reproduction. What more can an audiophile want, but an aural wet dream that tantalised you not once, but 3 times.
    I was touched by the passion, hard work and sacrifice (both personal and financial) that the product designers had made to realize their dreams. Understanding their thoughts and approach to their products provided an added layer of appreciation for me. 
    Considering that these were some of the best audio you can find globally, there were no egos, and everyone was super friendly. 
    Which room was better? I can't really say. Each room had its own interpretation of music. It was like seeing a beautiful woman 3 times. Each time she is wearing something different. But all 3 times you are captivated!
    This was my first AE show. My only regret was that I should have attended the shows the years before. I flew from Singapore just to attend the show, and I was surprised to meet folks from the US, Europe, India, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and a few other places. I've been to many shows in the region, and this is by far the best sounding! 
  • Options

I would like to thank AE, the staff, all the other manufacturers and especially the audience for making the 2017 Super High End Show such a wonderful experience for us all.

Like everyone is already saying, it was truly three very different rooms and I´m very proud of what we managed to accomplish in our room. The synergy of all components as a whole system really express what we search to achieve in Engström.

The greatest reward for the efforts is to meet and talk to people like young Tomas who show there is a new generation music lovers that truly understand and appreciate great high end audio.

// Timo Engström

• Options

What are you chasing for?

First of all, thank you Timo! I have a very good experience with Engström’s tube amp, it's wonderful.

3 rooms, 3 performances, 3 sensations.

AE is a fantastic place, you can find many great products here. But what is the definition of great? Music is great and all we need is it. Although we have our own prospect; some like soft, some like rock and some like everything. But at the end of the day, we are chasing for a touch to our souls and we found AE. 

The Trinity room, the meaning of peaceful, a Utopia, everything come so smooth and so elegant same as the size and logo of Trinity. And the amazing thing is that, you hear nothing and I guess this is the true meaning of measurement. Because you can hear a huge different between Da Vinci turntable and Trinity sever, simply, Trinity is really out of the system, no signature, no colour, what you actually hear is the sources and the speakers. Finally, I would like to call it a great coffee, a mixture of sweet, bitter and sour, it is the ultimate meaning of balance, no doubt.

The Qianlong room. Damn it damn it damn it! This room is too loud and it shake the room like earthquakes but you can also know how this system capable of. He is a great king and a powerful king seems no limitation and boundary, from high to low, the extension is not only out of cities but cover the whole China, Qianlong, the great king of all time. But if Qianlong(system) is a she, a queen, then you are the most happiness man in the world, the touch of the skins and getting the so deep in our bodies and we have the orgasm at the same time, she say, Oh my boy, it is sucking. Oh! I am coming… What a lovely great sex. Therefore, it all about texture, the texture of music is touching me so much this room.

(Oh, excuse me, please shut up, it is driven by tube amp. I guess you know what is tube amp now.) 

No doubt, it is the ultimate meaning of power.

However, why are we still chasing? Why are we still waiting? Dear my friend, these two systems are really impressive and capable of playing all kinds of music which kill nearly 99.9% of systems out there. Of course you can change to a higher grade of Cessaro and replacing different kinds of cables. But we are still chasing…

The realism, the nature of music itself is music. May I introduce you, the Divin, the only and the ultimate meaning of realism. It is not a hi-fi my friend nor ultra-fi. It is the everything, it is what we chasing for. Let's face one true fact, audio system is never a live show, that's why we can have different experiences in different systems with a same song. But People please listen to me, Divin is here and now you are so close to the nature of music, so close and really close that beats 99.99% of audio system out there. You can actually feel it touching your soul by every single note.  But don't be surprise my friend, it is the nature of music.

Play a sweet love song, we take off each other clothes and we our skins are rubbing together. “Having sex with you is the nature of me as I love you”, you say. But if you are still enjoying the sound, but not the sex with her, that is a bad sound. True music bring you emotions, which song let you remember your family and friends, which song let you remember your puppy love, the nights you together with her and the first and first heart break? Dear my friends, do you understand now?

The great sound is the sound brings you to the nature of music.

Just wonder, how it would sound if paired up Divin with Engström’s amp? It must be stunning!

• Options
    edited July 2017

This is my third time to attend AE super show. In the previous two years(2015/2016), we always hear the comments from outside that the show arrangemnt is good, electronics/cables/accessories are excellent, but the room is too large for the system setting. I know it means nothing for Chris but IMPERFECT.

When everyone thought "the room is too large" is a defect that cannot be changed, Gobel Divin made everything different. The speakers were driven by a pair of 長空 which are 40W per channel. It filled up the room with the size of one thousand square feet. Now no one says "the room is too large". This proves the sensitivity 98db is true for such a beast-like, 8-feet-tall with two 18-inches woofers speakers. What else brands can make that spec?