Skip to content

Testing of PTsang's Craze Rack in SRA Studio

Kevin's computer hooked up to the measurement equipment under the SRA rack

Comments

• If the Ohio XL+2 is not underneath the Zanden amp (Mr.Zanden's old 9500 amp), the vibration of the chassis and the huge transformers is enormous, clouding the mid-range, "mist-ti-fy" the trebel and crank up the the lower mid bass. The sky is clear now.
  • The first Craze Rack (Square) in Hong Kong.
  • It took 4 months to finish. Only Kevin of SRA knows how to make it.
  • Peter is very happy.
  • Only the Cessaro Alpha One is missing now....
  • 瘋狂架真係得過恨字!
  • A very uncolored rack, clear up a lot of dirts and more transparant. This morning I put back the Petrus/Ohio base to replace the WE preamp, it sounds more right. One point I can now confirm, the Ohio is designed to sit on the Craz Rack or its performance will be diminished.
  • Nice rack, this size has more flexibility. I personally felt the piano record does not sound right, until i put all things on the rack.
  • PTsang,

Where is your Turntable?
  • Temporarily disconnected until moving to the new apartment
  • You may not believe it, this rack needs run-in, may be what needs run-in is the damping material. The sound gets right after 2 days.Everything comes back except the unwanted vibrations.This is the second surprise I have after the EE spk cables.Judging from the improvements I've got as compared to other ancillary equipments that said can improve your system performance,this rack is cheap.
    Mr DV, you are right, the piano is extraordinary in a way the rack is able to fill up the deficiency between the lower-mid to the mid-bass area , I can easily notice piano notes vibrating with the piano woodwork, even crisp notes have a body, sounds like a real piano, a very enjoyable experience.
    Marvel, I'm thinking of a second rack to house my TT. For now I'm happy with the digital source, the Zanden has never been so good, I have before thought it has an immune character that it cannot move people from the music it plays, obviously I was wrong.
    Lastly, I want to thank ah chung and the other big guy who helped with setting the Craz rack and moving my heavy stuff in place.
  • Ptsang,

Before you return to your vinyl world, I suggest you get a Vekian for a trial listening and that would also open up a lot of thoughts about how CD playback could be so real and dynamical.

Marvel
  • Hahaha, u say that word too! The Craze rack is Cheap. I Agree!