Skip to content

Vertere : HBS power cable/HB series/Turntable/AC phase management centre

Comments

• I first tested the Vertere HB ethernet cable for the MSB proprietary Pro-I2S connection between my MSB UMT Plus & MSB IV Plus on 21 April.

Last night, Kahw and I together went to test the HB ethernet cable in a NAS-based CAS system of CH Precison C1 dac. The other components were Mark Levinson 31.6 transport, Goldmund amps, SME turntable+tonearm+BenzMicro cartridge, Passlabs phonoamp and Sonus Fabus Amati Anniversio speaker.

The owner used AQ Diamond ethernet for NAS-to-Cisco gigabit switch connection and Japanese AIM NA3 ethernet cable for Cisco switch-to-CH C1.

Before installing the HB, the performance was LP > CD transport > CAS.
    This was expected (even though CAS was already given the advantage of playing the ripped dsd files from the testing hybrid SACDs).

We then replaced the two original ethernet cables by HB ethernet cables.

The performance immediately became CAS > LP > CD transport.
    This was a bit unexpected because the CAS was more real-like and had better microdynamics than the LP system too.
    The comparison was short because all the three of us found the diff to be so obvious that we didn't want to listen to the other two formats anymore.

IMHO Vertere's HB usb & ethernet cables are "must listen" for every CAS audiophiles with a mid- to hi-end CAS system.
    And once you have tasted them once, the upgrade priority of yours will most probably be changed.

For me myself, I won't return the HB ethernet cable to Chris.
    It is now an indispensable member of my audio system!
  • TJ started setting up the reference turntable and the reference arm as soon as he landed this morning.
  • Special elevation tools to set up the turntable
  • It is much easier for installation with the elevated feet. They will be of course taken away after all is done.
  • Running very smoothly even without no power
  • The best of the best phono cable in the world at the moment.
  • Even the DC cable in between the turntable and the power supply is at the HB level
  • Lunch time. Take a break now
  • We had a great time during lunch
  • TJ just did something magical - insert new anti resonance material under the isolation feet. Dramatic improvement witnesses by all listeners in Doug's house.
  • The HB power cable is another great shock!
  • There's a HB power cable?
    When will it be sale?
  • Flat white,

the DC power cable is for the Vertere record player...

Tomorrow is my turn and Marvel junior will be the first ear witness the power of the Vertere record player vs my house vinyl system....I am using Trinity Phono on the current vinyl system while Wadax Trio phono will be pairing with Vertere using Madake.
  • TJ started working on Marvel's.