Skip to content

Completion of the Cessaro Concept: Beta I

The action kicked off early as usual at 9:30am. The mission is to install the big wooden horn for the lower mid bass.

Comments

• The actual weight per horn is 90kg. It took 3 man to take it out.
  • then crossed the road fast!!!!!
  • The diameter is almost twice the size of the one for the mid range unit.
  • Installation today was extremely smooth (never experienced such smoothness before in the past few years). By noon time, both channels were already loaded by this beast.
  • Then, Ralph spent the next two hours to change components of the crossover for both channels.
  • Wash!! I like big and macho speakers. The topic - completion of the cessaro concept is intriguing. Does it mean anything lesser than Beta I means "work in progress"? Anyway, it looks damn wild.
  • Wash!! I like big and macho speakers. The topic - completion of the cessaro concept is intriguing. Does it mean anything lesser than Beta I means "work in progress"? Anyway, it looks damn wild.
  • Is this the first Beta system in Asia? That big big horn is scary but wild as VR said. I will definitely stop by when I come to HK next time.
  • Cessaro Chopin has really elevated my life! I really cannot imagine what a full Beta1 speakers driven by the Tron Syren Black Label/Takumi-K70 combo will do in music reproductions!
  • No more speed inconsistency. Should be one hell of a system now. I was no horn fan before I listened to the Alpha 1. It was not bad and extremely revealing particularly the mid range. The 0.5 add the deep bass back that lifts up the entire soundstage and that really triggers me to seriously consider the T1 subwoofers. But the speed of lower mid clearly cannot catch up with the mid at that time. Well, I have to say very few system can do what it does, with this lower mid bass horn loaded, I can imagine the level. I have to be fair and to be honest with what I heard. I am pretty sure this is one hell of a system without coherence problem anymore assuming your room can handle the energy.
  • It was almost a decade ago when I was reading the Stereo Sound, I asked myself who would be so crazy to use enormous horn speaker in a residential setup.
  • I never imagine I would go this far. It is either because I am crazy or still a single man. But the fact is I am a sane man and I am married.
  • The current system composes of Zanden 2000p/5000s (my reference since 2003 and was lately upgraded with all the DC cables). The preamp is the Syren Reference by Tron and the amplifier is my beloved Takumi K-70 by Robert Koda. Everything is connected to the Spartan including the amplifiers driving the subwoofers.
  • The cables are FMR all thru with organic taking care of the subwoofer session (both interconnects and speaker cable). A Flow power cord is feeding the Takumi. Due to the very high sensitivity of the Beta, a Flow power cord does the job nicely.
  • Then, I am insane. JLam, check email.