Skip to content

DV Audio Lab Refreshing My Life

First of all, Please forgive me writing poor English. Thank you very much PT & JLam!!! Your Products provide me great great Happiness !!

The Intonation System has just arrived my place. I promised JLam to write something about the system and he has promised to do a real instrument comparison with my system. I am so excited.

I know that there is a Would-famous Mr. DV in Hong Kong. I am a starter in the DV intonation system. Hope I can join him some day to discuss about DV system. My system is just a small fish to Mr DV's Virtu Giant....... OK, the photos first.

Comments

• 早餐兄,

Are you kidding? This system never be a small fish if compare to any system in world, the intonation gave me lot of unforgettable memories that no other speaker does to me. I still want order a pair even I own a Virtu.

By the way, Cccccongratulation!!!

Mr.DV
  • Mr.Breakfast,

This is indeed a very special system. I agree with Mr.DV that it provided me with unforgettable expereinces on vocal and string music. You are a lucky man. Play them well.

Puyi
  • Mr.DV & Mr. Puyi,

You may see that I am only using Chicken Cable for now. Although the sound is already wonderful, but compare to what JLam said about your virtu system, mine is still a bit "blurr". dynamic is huge but jumping everywhere.

Also, my room has not been fixed yet. When I play big things like London Philharmonic Orchestra's Star War main theme......my room boom boom boom like hell !!!

My son put in a Peter and Wolf, that sound's great. Becasue it is a small thing to be play. only few instruments ...like chamber music...but if i put some drum CD, can listen to that.

So, I still far far away from your Virtu...We discuss more on DV system and please teach me more.
  • Mr.Breakfast

Good morning! Whats going on now? How is your room size?
  • Mr. DV

Hello. I listen to my Inton system evereyday. May be the tube is not burn enough or the power cables are too chicken, I find out that the sound can haave a great improvement if i change the cable.

Mid-range and low and both great. When I put in the Orchestra or other big big things, the sound stage and positioning become a little bit unstable....but it is just the first week I open it. i may need more time to discover more on the Inton. Piano is the great great thing to play with the inton, I think your Super legendary Virtu also play great piano sound right?

My room is about 11ft wide and 22ft long. Not very sure. Piano tuner told me to put inton in the area with hard wall , not the window at the back, so I follow his instruction.

i also find out that I may need more time to understand the speed of the system. Any knowledge Mr. DV you can teach teach me?? What kind of tube you use in your Amps?? I do not know much about tubes.....

Last, i think i may need to move forward the speakers a bit and sit back a bit for better sound. Still need to study more...
  • Good news is I heard no boom in PT’s latest set-up which same size with your room and soundstage is very stable, that make me confidence enough to get myself a pair. Peter said he only use chicken cable($6/feet) in his system. But we poor guys ve no choice in such a tiny space, quality power cord is a must! Also, highly recommend you loan the SRA platform for a trail too.
  • Honestly, I really need a few things for better sound. After weeeks listening to the intony, I find that the upper range is .......sometime not there.

The muddy base may be cayused by the power cables. PT, Please let me know the price of power cables and I also need a cloud on my ceiling.SRA is a must now. Last nigh I found that the whole alreaqdy very weak ound stage floating up and up......Don't know the casue and try to fix it by speaker positioning but..........in vain....

Damn! Help me. I believe Mr Dv is 100% right.PT
    Please call me up for the about AE products. JLam will come next week and I am sure he will fuxk me up of that kind of sound....

Deplorable Breakfast....
  • Dear Mr. DV,

I am very happy to tell you that I got a piece of SRA from JLam!! The first experience of putting it under the Pre-amp is that the musical performances become more stable and calm.

The power becomes more stable. The SRA also make me feel more about my intony speaker. I think I can never have the virtu bass sound. My bass is still very muddy.

Mr. DV, could u please tell me more about the DV bass performance?? What should the bass sound like?? I am very keen to know.

thank you.
  • Nice to hear some good news from you.

Please confidence to the "Intonation", what you own now is a standalone great system. What you need is time to understanding it and your room.

Refer to the bass, I never feel it is muddy, it has great details and BIG scale energy. The Art of “Big system in Small room”: It may booming you to hell, but it could also sent you to heaven if you beat it. I think PT did prove it very well.

Lets find a day to visit you, then problem will be much clear.
  • Dear Mr. DV,

I really Really very very want you to come and give me some opinions....but my system's sound is at the poor level. I compare my sound with the sound that I have heard in PT's room.

The performance of Intonation in PT's room is crazy......you know talking in AE forum now make me stress out...people compare price and so on....I only communicate with you because I trust you and you are also in DV league.

Pleasae come and give me some opinion when I get the rack and all SRA. I will also use level one power cables. For all of the amp and drivers.

You are one good man Mr. DV !