Skip to content
Options

Tidal Contriva Diacera Arrives in Singapore

Speakers just arrived. PT will be in Singapore tomorrow to help with the setup! Will keep all updated...

Comments

• Options
    Total of 250kg!
  • Options
    Glad to see another Tidal member. It will be ultra revealing. You may need to do a lot of acoustic works to get them sound right at the beginning. You will be rewarded handsomely after the labor, however. The Contriva Diacera has the ideal size for bigger scale music with stronger presence.
  • Options
    This will be a wavac/tidal suite. One day, I have to figure out why the gangs of Tidal are growing by the days. I belong to the high efficient horny camp.
  • Options
    A few strong gentlemen are needed to move the beautiful speaker to its destination.
  • Options
    It took two strong fellows for just rotating the muscular speaker! I forgot to introduce myself. I am PT's new follower in Sing. I begged him to give me a chance to have a first-hand exposure on Katongkid's Contriva.
  • Options
    Four skilfully machined isolators (with bearings) were then added at the bottom of the pair of heavy-duty aluminium bars.
  • Options
    Start to move the 2nd speaker
  • Options
    The 2nd Speaker found its destination.
  • Options
    All hard work was completed in around 40 minutes by the crew.
  • Options
    View of the Tidal Contriva Diacera SEs with the specially ordered Sunray stands
  • Options
    PT first let Contriva sing with the old cable setting. The Contriva had immediately performed at a higher ground compared to the old speakers of Katongkid in terms of resolution, ease, expression and transparency (please kindly forgive my beginner type of descriptions, the Tidal art just sounded much better than the old pair of speakers to my ears under the same equipment setting). Then PT changed the Argento “Scerenity” speaker cable to Argento “Flow” Speaker cable for feeding from Wavac 805 to Contriva. I just felt that the music projected with more details by just upgrading the Argento speaker cable. What a magic? Then I walked down from 3rd level to ground level, I was surprised to hear very clearly from the ground on the type of music which was performing by Tidal upstairs, e.g., vocal or violin. I widely guessed that Tidal Contriva simply gives very coherent or non-dispersive sound production/delivery which can travel long distance without significant decay in the information. I never experienced this when I stood outside a disco, usually I just heard noises and not music!
  • Options
    Mirror finish...
  • Options
    Listening area...
  • Options
    Another view of my living room.

We listened to it for a couple of hours. PT was surprised that it sounded so good right out of the box. We hardly did any tweaking of the speaker position.

I'm going to enjoy it for a couple of days and will write a review...
  • Options
    The next step which Katongkid and PT performed together was to move one SRA platform under the power supplies of the Wacvac preamp and Zanden CD transport. This move immediately added stability in the sound reproduction while even more details were revealed. Then I asked Katongkid to play my favourite track, “Gravity” performed by John Mayer (I am raw “rock and roll” lover), John Mayer’s vocal came with tremendous energy and passion and his electric guitar became alive under Katongkid’s new setup. I felt that the seamless and beautiful music just propelled into my soul! I would like to thank Katongkid to allow me to get such an experience of my lifetime. The bar set by Katongkid’s system just simply makes me extremely difficult to start my audio journey as I know what is great now!