Skip to content
Options

Testing Coral Feet

My friend's abode.

Comments

• Options
    之前睇過多位C-Hing提及Coral Feet,講到音效有所提昇,其實本人絕對相信,皆因本人覺得,如果一間生產商(公司),設計得一件產品出嚟(並不是模仿),仲要收得你咁貴,一定有原因,所以決定要一套。等咗差不多一個月終於到貨,但好境不常,部Cheap Cheap膽機壞了,無得試,最終帶埋部EMT同腳腳,去個老友屋玩咗成朝,最初先聽聽佢套器材,當了解後才將珊瑚腳放喺轉盆,聽第一首[Naim CD]現場電結他錄音,我同朋友,即時目瞪口呆,最攪笑就係,大家不約而同覺得並開口講出,細緻度、音場深闊、層次感、低頻線條,全部正面改善,最慘就係覺得高貴咗好多,乜嘢叫做貴氣,我唔識形容,但每次去聽FM或高蚊,我都感覺到!!!聽多幾首歌後,覺得首首生猛動聽,我果Friend話聽得舒服過之前好多….好多!問我點解,我諗咗一陣同佢講,我都…………唔知!就連聽彭羚[音樂盒]及[小玩意]都好聽好多,我地再拎走珊瑚腳,AB比較後,即刻覺得粗聲咗,唔到你唔信,我對珊瑚腳已經無得攞走,俾個老友無期徒刑,無話可說,最小要一套!
  • Options
    EMT 986 好堅!!!!!!!
    Very happy!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Matthew,

Delighted to see you have such a pleasant experience with the coral feet. I think many of us in the AE community are already using them. I have two sets, once I put them under my EMT phono and power supply and now I am using them one set under the Tidal preamp and one under the power supply of the Zanden phono. The results are very positive and similar to what you have described.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

當日貨還未到手時,就見到你用珊瑚腳墊JPA 66’s power supply,睇到我流晒口水,想不到Marvel大大還擁有Zanden Phono,真係好有品味。大大可否放張全家福俾我欣賞吓,等我見識見識都好!
    另外你講得無錯,珊瑚腳所帶來的改變係Positive,今次試腳經驗,令我有些啟發,坊間有好多釘、碟、墊、承板及各形各色的,用了後總會令你感覺到有變化,但這改變並不是改善,有時你或者會覺得,換好多貴線都無咁多改善效果。
  • Options
    Matthew,

I am in the process of moving...will post some photos in the new place...not bigger than the current one but hopefully acoustically slightly better.

The Coral feet is a non-gear-specific isolation solution which I find does not give too much highlight on cerain frequency range but it just cleans up a film of mist in front of you...I haven't tried the latest products from Harmonix but my past experience on this is also not bad...I am too lazy now to try here and there, comparing this and that...particularly the main gears are coming like tsunami as you can see other threads in this forum...sometimes I wonder isn't it really true that the hi-fi market sector is doing so glamourously or it is just for a few elite and exquisite teams like AE....

Marvel

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

大有大玩,細有細玩,無問題啦!更何況你所講的細地方,對我而言已經好大...哈哈!祝你早日調教好新屋。

經你一講,我都要多套coral feet,因我覺得呢個係最平嘅升級途徑!

Matthew
  • Options
    Dear All

Just join this big family. Chris, Thanks a lot for your advise. Yesterday I have install the coral foor under my Jason Transport. It is amazing. I place the foot in different position, it has different effect on the overall performance of my set-up, something bad, something very very good.

I think I need time to investigate how to use it and I think I could get more improvement on my system. It is a very interesting stuff.

Thanks a lot.

Weiss
  • Options
    Through the below link, you can find more review about the coral foot.

http://www.hifistatement.de/english/96-tests/319-copulare-artdificial-ceramica.html
  • Options
    Hello George, good to know you are reaping benefits from the coral feet. My experiences suggest two in front and one at the back yield the greatest improvement. This is an inexpensive solution relative to SRA. May I know what is your system consists of?
  • Options
    Dear WChow

Thank you very much for your advise and sharing. I have already tried to place two corals in front and one in back. But I finally I place one in front and two in back, the sound is more balance and nature.

Attached photo is my system.
  • Options
    George, my eyes are not good but I seems to see the Orpheus flagship dac - Heritage there on your rack. And then there is MBL preamp? You might want to toe in your right channel speaker more to avoid leakage of energy to the open space. The left channel is affected by resonances of glasses. You need to treat the room. Otherwise, you cannot utilize the full potential of your top end gears. Just my 2 cents. Glad to meet new friends. Your system has a lot of potential.
  • Options
    Dear WChow

Thank you very much for your advise. My system is

1. Pre-amp: MBL-6010D
    2. Powe-amp: Ayre MXR
    3. CD Transport: Weiss Janson Transport
    4. DAC: Orpheus Heritage
    5. Speaker: Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento
  • Options
    Hello George. Welcome. Welcome to this crazy group of people. You have big big gears driving a pair of small speakers. WChow in Beijing has plenty of space to kill; no wonder he spots acoustics problem in your case.

I have a lot of fun with the coral feet. It does hell of a good job on imaging. It cleans up a lot of bass dirt; in your case probably the bloats on the lower mid-range has much more clarity now.

The Jason transport on the FE stuff is not recommended. You may be better up with the Jason sitting on top of coral feet without the FE stuff.

Maybe, Uncle Ray can chip it his comments but most likely, he'd just tell you to burn it alive.
  • Options
    Dear Voy

Thanks for your advise. Which platform you will suggest? HRS or SRA? Many thanks.

After I used the coral feet, the sound image is more three-dimensional and bass is more clean and tight. But it is quite strange. Initially, when I place two feet on the right side of the Jason (because Jason has its transformer on its right size and its right side is more heavy) and one feet on the left side, I found Oh my god. The sound is very not comfortable and it seems the speakers have been covered with a cloth. So I have tried to move the feet to different places, finally the current position is the best I found (Two foot are in the back and one foot in the front - close to right side).

Leveling is also very important when you use the coral feet.

Anyway, now I enjoy my system so much. Now it seems someone stand in front of me for singing. When I listen the Orchestra, I could feel the vibration of the drum.

George
  • Options
    More Photo.