Skip to content

A new page in Marvel's system

2»

Comments

• Marvel,

You are an international Hi Fi playboy.  How am I suppose to answer this question?  You like to try everything out there.  I can't answer based on your track record.

But it seems to me that it is the first time I have read someone who is truly an widely recognised/matured listener to endorse your system performance in an "not so ideal" acoustics.  Otherwise, Mr.Zanden would not narrate the listening report is "Mission Impossible".   

Based on this assessment, it seems logical to stay on the Engstrom route. And the virgin performance of Engstrom's Eric convinced the world. A stress test in front of public in a 100 square meter room for 2 days.  That is a done deal.  

Zanden Chouku needs the right speakers. Eric has more flexibility even when you return to conventional speakers plan.  

My 2 cents of thought
  • What about the almighty Cessaro Air 2?  That is currently the most expensive amplifiers under AE.  Aren't they?
  • Raymond,

You are correct, Air 2 is the record most expensive amp under AE...is it the best?  I am not sure, but the scarcity of it only having 10 pairs globally and perfect match with Air1 and Cessaro speakers would call for the most craziest 10 owners.  I am definitely not one of the 10.  Crazy though for myself, $$...sigh...

Marvel
  • Browsing thru the array of threads that I have left my comments on, I was attracted by the topic of this one when started it in 2016 after the visit of Master Chik and Mr Zanden. 

‘Laudable the aim might be’...Marvel has undergone ‘many pages’ since 2016 and now having this, it is a more ‘unified nation’ than just a ‘united nation’ 4 years ago.  My mind is more united than fragmented after all the lessons learnt not just from my own endeavour of taming new joiners in the system but also alongside the ‘combat’ journey with other comrades especially PT, Dynamic, Roman and many!

Gone are all components except my beloved Vertere record player!

Do join me in listening to this ‘new page’ in Marvel’s system!

• Marvel,

Have you ever considered using Chouku to drive Firebird? The gain matching between Zanden preamp and Eric may not be ideal. I am randomly throwing out a question. The mentality of unity is clearly in the right direction.