Options

Engstrom Sound from Sweden - the Pinnacle of Scandinavian School

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Installation of Xiang Xu 項羽 subwoofer by Cessaro with Cessaro Wagner. 

• Options

• Options
    Arya ReVopod under the sub 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Salute to Lars Engström to his masterpiece - ARNE
    300B push pull stereo amplifier (20 watt at 8 ohm).  This is truly special because of: (1) purity of tone, and (2) amplitude of dynamics, and (3) agility of attack.  
    It is a vivid example of achieving “Super High End” for the broader market.  And I don’t say this lightly because I have a list of formal criteria defining the meaning of it.  I shall share it in the future.  But the best is to experience on site. 
    I truly love the ARNE particularly when Takatsuki 300B tubes from Japan are deployed. (These tubes work wonder with Zanden Chouku 長空 and Zanden KAUN 火雲 as well).  Then, I moved on to install Revopods underneath it.  The amp sits atop SRA Virginia amp stand.  The ARNE is also connected to the Tripoint Troy Elite via Dalby Ode Grande ground wire.  The excellent sonic fundamentals of ARNE drive me taking turn to power it by Skogrand Beethoven and Argento FMR EE in order to test the limit on the Vertere Electrical Phase Management Centre (negative electric polarity is selected for ARNE).  You don’t need to walk this far like me.  
    I wept when Sally Yip 葉蒨文 was performing 情人知己 2012 港樂 LIVE Concert.  The format is 24/96 given to me by Edison Wong inside his CORE server playing through the Wadax Arcadia DAC.  Delivery of Sally’s dynamic range is flamboyant.  The arrangement of this song builds up the emotions gradually before bursting into explosive dynamic continuously for a minute.  It has become one of my top demonstration tracks. It is touching. But it also challenges many systems.
    I recorded a short clip by iPhone 8.  I sent it out to a group of non-audiophiles intentionally because they have no bias.  This 1 minute video subsequently brought me 3 prospects whom have no practical knowledge of Hi End audio.  But they were all emotionally touched by the video.  They would like to pay AE Sheung Wan a visit.  
    Never would I anticipate a casual recording shocked many people including a taxi driver.  I played it inside a taxi.  The driver commented the realism of Sally’s voice.  He could tell she was singing in a live venue.   He thought I was watching YouTube. Before I got off the car, I showed him the video.  It turned out he is an audiophile too. I didn’t carry any AE business cards yesterday.  I told him my company name. 

Then he asked, “Are you Chris or Jlam?”